Promutuel Insurance Horizon Ouest is proud to announce that the second edition of the In the Heart of Your Community program has awarded more than $110,000 in community dividends to 12 organizations in the Vaudreuil-Soulanges RCM. This financial support will help them carry out a variety of key projects that contribute to community well-being.
“We created the In the Heart of Your Community program because we believe it’s important to help local organizations develop projects that improve quality of life and revitalize our beautiful region. Staying close to our community is part of our mutualist values, and we couldn’t be prouder of the concrete results of this program,” said Luc Isabelle, Chair of the Board of Directors of Promutuel Insurance Horizon West.
The application period was last spring, and the projects submitted were reviewed by a special committee made up of employees and members of the Promutuel Insurance Horizon Ouest board of directors.
Twelve impactful projects from throughout Vaudreuil-Soulanges were selected for this second edition:
- Association PANDA Vaudreuil-Soulanges – ADHD support groups
- Centre d’action bénévole de Soulanges – Community gardens and cooking workshops
- Centre Prénatal et Jeunes Familles – Intergenerational workshops
- CPE Soulanges – Le Grand Quai facility refresh
- Les Harmonies de la Cité – Purchase of tubular bells
- LGBTQ2+ Vaudreuil-Soulanges – Peer support network
- La Grande Tablée de Terrasse-Vaudreuil – Community bistro
- Le Versant – Nature immersion workshops
- Maison de la famille Vaudreuil-Soulanges – Extended services in the region
- Ensemble vocal Les Enchanteurs – Sound equipment replacement
- Centre communautaire des aînés Vaudreuil-Soulanges – Volunteer driver visibility
- Fondation de la Cité-des-Jeunes pour la vie étudiante – Ose la scène program
“We’re always pleasantly surprised by the quantity and variety of applications we receive, although this also leads to some very tough choices,” said Isabelle Salvas, General Manager of Promutuel Insurance Horizon Ouest. “We wanted to encourage as many projects as possible, while supporting a diverse range of community settings, including more vulnerable populations, children, seniors, culture, and buying local.”
Promutuel Insurance Horizon Ouest, mindful of the importance of acting on its mission as a proud mutual with local roots, created this new donation program last year to fulfill its role as a responsible corporate citizen. Thanks to the program, more than $275,000 has been awarded in the past 18 months, helping to support 35 projects by local organizations for the benefit of our community.
Promutuel Insurance Horizon Ouest representatives, left to right in the photo:
Marie-Ève Ménard, Director and Member of the Program Selection Committee
Clément Arseneault, Director and Member of the Program Selection Committee
Alain Gauthier, Vice-President
Isabelle Salvas, General Manager and Member of the Program Selection Committee
Marc Michielli, Director
Luc Isabelle, Chair